It’s finally March – yay!!! While the weather may not have been all the cooperative today (I still am way over winter…and snow), I’m convinced spring is right around the corner. To help myself prep, I did a cute simple “Hi” mani, using this fun Revlon Spanish Moss color I received in my latest Beauty Box 5. Truth be told, I was going to write “hello,” but I got a little carried away with the size of my “h!” I loved how the Moss color looked when I happened to set it next to Absolute New York Absolute Love Bubblegum lip balm I also received in the box. So cute! And super simple…the “hi” statement nail was thanks to my Sally Hansen I Love Nail Art Pen in Magenta. Have you used these before? I love mine, I’m about to get one in every color!
Ok guys, so who else is addicted to jewelry? Like can’t get enough, want to switch it up every outfit addicted. I’m certain that’s most of you which is why I’m so excited to introduce you to Rocksbox! Have you heard of it? It’s like Netflix for jewelry lovers only better…because, well…it’s jewelry! It’s super easy to sign up…take a little survey so the dolls at Rocksbox can get a feel for your style. For $19/month, you get three pieces of jewelry (on loan) to wear how and where you want. Return the three pieces anytime you want and three more pieces will promptly arrive right at your doorstep! They even give you the return mailer.
Of course you might fall in love with one of these designer pieces (or three) and if so, that’s ok. You can actually purchase any of the jewelry at a discounted rate. Each box you receive is valued at over $200!
Ready to try Rocksbox out?!? For a limited time, my gorgeous readers can use code 247stylexoxo to try 30 days out for free of Rocksbox! The code for a free month is only good through 3/22/15 but if you come across this post later than that date, you’ll still get a month at 50% off. Yay!!!
Below are the gorgeous goodies I received in my first box (can also be seen worn in this style post). What’s your favorite?
Anyone wanting to see the best in style, can take the day off and sit in front of the TV tuned to E! Their Live From the Red Carpet Pre-Show begins today at 1:30 PM ET and is certain to showcase what we could be seeing walking down the red carpet starting at 5:25. While the gowns and dresses may cause just a twinge of fashion-envy, they should also serve as motivation; after all, each of us has our own red-carpet moments – weddings, interviews, nights out, first dates, etc. I tend to follow a pattern for my events, and definitely prep in the same manner for each one:
1) Sleep: It’s a rare rest cycle when I get the recommended 8 hours of sleep a night. But when I have something big in my life, I make sure I get my zzz’s.
2) Hydrate: This is always important, but for big events, I make sure I’ve had plenty of water. Skin is so much prettier when the body is hydrated.
3) Prepare: Nothing is worse than putting on what I thought I was going to wear and having a girl-moment thinking it “doesn’t look right.” By the time the big nights rolls around, you can bet, I’ve tried on my outfit several times and checked it out from every angle possible!
4) Whiten: If I’ve taken the time to do all of the above, you better believe when I flash my pearly whites, they are definitely going to actually be white! Crest 3D White Supreme FlexFit Whitestrips are the only way I now choose to whiten. After trying a million different methods, it’s clear the easiest most effective way to a white smile comes from just an hour a day with these little strips!
Be sure to watch the E! Live from the Red Carpet special today and follow @3DWhite so you can be in the know regarding the #StrikeASmile conversation. I’ll be following along and can’t wait to see who everyone thinks will have tonight’s winning style and smile!
Ok guys, I know I’ve been complaining about the cold weather kinda a lot recently, and let me just tell you, it’s still cold. And snowing. BUT, today I’m not complaining about it. I have way better things to do…such as tell you beauties all about the stash of goodies found in this month’s Beauty Box 5! Beauty Box 5 turned 3 this month and instead of greedily expecting a barrage of gifts and cards, they let their subscribers celebrate with a bonus goody! Yay!!!
Whether Mother Nature knows it or not, by March 1st, I’ve pretty much declared it spring. I’m done with all of the closed-toe everything (regardless of how cute said everything is), I’m done with drab colors, I’m done with dry skin. So, Mother Nature take note…you have two weeks. I’m thinking the blizzard you sent our way over the weekend was just getting it all out of your system so you could fully cooperate with my demands.
Since everything above will obviously come to pass, that really only gives us about 14 days to primp for spring! Yay!!! Be sure to nab the below beauty wonders to make sure you’re ready when the big-season arrives (in two weeks…really!):
I’m pretty traditional when it comes to eye makeup. I gravitate toward neutrals, either matte or shimmery, but the colors themselves are usually pretty natural looking. BUT, Vincent Longo has finally convinced me to take a chance (albeit a small one) on items I wouldn’t normally jump at. In particular, their Ginger Lily shade of Starlette Gel Eye Stain. First off, these stains are amaaayzing! Each gel goes on super smooth and offers buildable coverage…they can be super light with more of a transparent feel, or used to make a more noticeable impact with just a few extra strokes. I’ve fallen in love with the Mink Dream shade, a brown malt look with shimmer (obviously), BUT, surprisingly am just as infatuated with the Ginger Lily hue. It’s a corally/orange/coppery color that when worn lightly, brightens eyes lending a summer-like feel. This is a shade I would typically NEVER try. Yet somehow, I’m addicted.
Like I mentioned, all of these options are great for layering and while the Ginger Lily stain I keep a bit more transparent, the Mink Dream option I tend to pile on…not just in layers over itself, but I L-O-V-E love how this looks over other eye-makeup options, especially the Creme Gel Liner, also by Vincent Longo, in Golden Orbit. This highly-pigmented hue is great as a liner but can also be blended into the lid for a metallic goddess feel. And like I said, when a layer of the Mink Dream is applied over the top, it adds even more depth and drama (see the last picture below).
Both of these eye makeup options are gluten and paraben free and long wearing (I’ve worn from morning until evening without any smudging). See the actual colors below…my sample palette shows 2-3 “layers” of color and as mentioned, the bottom pic is Golden Orbit with a layer of Mink Dream over it.
Fort Wayne, IN – February 4, 2015 – Remixes rule in this month's workout music round-up. Exactly half of the songs voted into the top 10 appear in re-worked versions. As always, this is a blessing for folks in search of musical inspiration, since these uptempo updates take existing gym favorites and accentuate their beats and momentum.Songs getting a makeover include the latest from from Gwen Stefani, a club anthem from David Guetta, and the three way collaboration between Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea, and Pitbull. Meanwhile, the other half of this month's list includes a Taylor Swift song you might recognize from a Target commercial, a Fall Out Boy track that pays tribute to a scene from Pulp Fiction, and the follow-up to Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne's breakthrough hit "Rather Be."By combining new music from Top 40 regulars and updated versions of recent hits, this month's list strikes a fine balance between fresh and familiar sounds--both of which will come in handy when you're ready to get moving.Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Love is in the air but this Valentine’s Day could be even better than those from previous years. In lieu of the traditional flowers and wine, get creative with these fun gift guides I’ll be posting from now until the big 1-4. First up are must-have fragrances for the season! Whether your shopping for the man or woman in your life, the below options are nothing short of fabulously scented perfection!
Clockwise from Left:
- Boss Bottled Night ($75) – Includes a mix of birch leaves, cardamom and louro amarelo wood for a woody masculine aroma.
- Petra by Seth Kornegay (from $45-$365) – Luxurious is the only way to describe this unisex option which includes Islay single-malt Scotch whiskey combined with notes of amber, Alpine Freshness, wild Northern herbs and rare barks.
- Lacoste Femme (from $65) – So feminine, your lady will swoon over the fresh mix of aromatic flowers and pure white cotton.
- Eau de Lacoste Sensuelle (from $65) – Just right for evening, wear this refreshing option alone, or layer over the above Femme for a uniquely sexy scent.
- James Bond 007 Exclusive Eau de Toilette Spray ($40) – Masculine and sexy, this contains notes of bergamot, geranium, apple, cardamom, rose thorn, lavender, cedar, patchouli and vetiver.
- Eau de Lacoste Blanc (from $42) – Pure, fresh and crisp this men’s scent contains natural tuberose but also grapefruit, rosemary and cedar leaf.
- Eau de Lacoste Noir (from $42) – This men’s option contains notes of watermelon, Egyptian basil, lavender, verbena, dark chocolate, cashmeran, coumarin and patchouli.
- Scentbird Monthly Subscription ($14.95) – For the man or woman who can’t get enough, this option will be adored. A 30-day supply of an old favorite or a potential new one arrives monthly at your door! Plus, these are perfect for traveling!
- Boss Ma Vie ($80) – Put some spring in your step with this fresh, indulgent feminine fragrance which includes cactus flower and pink floral rosebud bouquet.