If you know me at all, you know I love my runs. It’s the perfect time to clear my head, run off any frustrations and of course, get in a nice workout. My post-runs however are a little less fun as despite my high pony and headband, my hair knots and tangles beyond belief. I’ve become accustomed to the tedious process of patiently working through my knots using all tools necessary – a comb, brush and pick.
Look what’s coming in the September Beauty Box 5 dolls! This upcoming month, beauty lovers will enjoy the Nicka K New York Eyelight Crayon, perfect for liner or lid. I adore the other Nicka K products I’ve received from Beauty Box 5 so I’m anxious to give this a try. Not yet a Beauty Box 5 subscriber? There’s no time like the present! Sign up today to make sure you get one of these fab crayons plus four other beauty must-haves.
Some things we do in the name of “beauty” might be considered trendy…the colors we use in our makeup routines, the arch on our brows even the brands we purchase. White teeth, while initially a trend, is now considered a staple and there may be no better way to brighten your smile than with the renowned at-home kit, Smile Brilliant. Ranging in price from $119.95 to $154.95, each kit includes the following:
- 2 Teeth Whitening Trays – Custom fitted for the upper and lower teeth.
- Carrying Case
- Impression Material – you really can make your own impressions at home!
- Pre-Paid Postage – receive the materials, send in your impressions and receive the trays without additional fees
- 1 Set of Custom Dental Models
- Teeth Whitening Gel – Professional dentist-strength 22% Carbamide Peroxide
- 2 Year Tray Warranty
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Skincare doesn’t have to be difficult. Take the lux brand, Tatcha. They’ve created a skincare ritual that leaves skin feeling fresh and healthy, while utilizing basic natural ingredients. In four easy steps, your skin feels kind of like how your body feels after a day of healthy eating when returning home from vacation – in a word, amazing!
Who says fashion can’t be affordable? For any of us on a budget, snag a few of the below cute pieces, all of which are under $20!
|1. Mossimo Bomber Jacket, $10.98, Target|
2. Capelli Moto Rain Boot, $19.99, TJX.com
3. 5 Piece Stackable Rings, $19.99, Target
4. Cole Haan Square Sunglasses, $16.99, TJX.com
5. Merona Leopard Print Calf-Hair Belt, $16.99, Target
6. Olive & Oak Button Front Dress, $19.99, TJX.com
7. Route 66 Slouchy Track Pants, $12.74, K-Mart
8. Mossimo Asymmetrical Maxi, $14.98, Target
9. Multi-Stone Stretch Bracelet, $12.99, Target
10. Faded Glory 2-Pack Star Tanks, $7.99, Wal-Mart
|11. 3/4 Sleeve Henley, $7.99, Wal-Mart|
12. Signature by Levi Strauss Totally Shaping Skinny Jeans, $19.94, Wal-Mart
13. Daniel Rainn Chevron Print Pant, $19.99, TJX.com
14. Montego Bay Club Payton Sandal, $9, Payless
15. Fioni Megan Wedges, $16, Payless
16. Basic Editions Dakota Flat, $5.99, K-Mart
17. Girls’ Legwarmer, $7.99, Target
18. Totes City Names Umbrella, $16.99, Target
19. Route 66 Graphic Eyes Shirt, $6.29, K-Mart
20. Adam Levine Chambray Floral Shirt, $17.59, K-Mart
Just a couple of notes…#17, are indeed kid’s legwarmers. BUT, I wear kid’s legwarmers on my wrists from time-to-time for an edgy little twist. Let them peek out from underneath a denim jacket in the fall, or pair them with a cute tank now. Also, the chevron print on the TJX pants (#13) is hot – but the print is too fine to really see in this pic. Check them out!
What are you admiring on this list???
When it comes to fashion and beauty, I have a ton of favorites – products and brands that I’m loyal to come hell or high water. However when it comes to bath soap, I’ve never had a favorite…I’ll typically buy whatever is on sale. A couple of weeks ago, “whatever was on sale,” happened to be Dial’s Coconut Water Bamboo Leaf Extract Glycerin Soap. I picked up a few bars thinking it would likely do the trick. My skin feels equally clean compared with previous soaps I’ve used – and since it’s August I don’t notice any increased hydration that the soap is supposed to help with (I’ll get back with you about that in December). What I am addicted to is the scent! It’s not “coconutty” like tanning lotion but instead has sweet lush aroma. I like it so much I went to the store yesterday and bought the Ultra Fresh Hydrating Body Wash.
Both use coconut water to help infuse skin with moisture and as mentioned, the bar soap is glycerin based, a popular method to keep skin hydrated (here’s a great article helping to explain glycerin from the Livestrong website). If you’re a soap-jumper like I used to be, give this Coconut Water option from Dial a chance to impress you!
What is your favorite soap or bodywash?
I know I say this all the time…or maybe just once a month to all of you…but I really do love Beauty Box 5! When I know that sweet little blue box is arriving, I practically greet my mailman with the same gusto a child greets Christmas morning. Ahhh, now I know…that’s what Beauty Box 5 is: Christmas for adults! With that realization, here’s what I had awaiting me in the August Beauty Box 5, Radiant and Remarkable:
Remember when you were little and wore a bow with every hairdo? Pigtails, ponytails, French braids, one side back, both sides back…every and any hairdo qualified for a big bow. Maybe it’s the cheerleader in me, but I for one L-O-V-E LOVE that bows are making a comeback and can be donned with all of my grown-up hairstyles: a messy bun, a sleek pony or a bow headband for everything else. If you’re searching for a cute but more adult-like bow option, Akamatra on Etsy has adorable styles. Check out my favorites below:
Floral Ponytail Bow, $13